Friday, November 23, 2012

Gobble Gobble!

My sister came down Tuesday night to spend Thanksgiving with us! B and I were both sleeping when she arrived but Luna heard her and was able to greet her.

We made cinnamon rolls on Wednesday as well as prepared some appetizers for the next day. Surprisingly, the grocery store wasn't that busy! We made a veggie dip and cut all the veggies, stuffed mushrooms, and had pinwheels just in case.

My sister and I left a little later than we intended (she stole my shower!) but made it to my aunt's house in Vermont by 12:30. My mom, brother, 2 of 3 cousins, and grandparents were already there, along with a few others to make 18 total.

My grandmother was already 3 martini's deep and a bit stumbly! My mom was making pumpkin martinis (damn sounded so good!)

The turkey was home raised, and all of the fixings were amazing. I really only had a couple bites of everything- since I wanted to try it all! We had pumpkin, apple, and berry pies- all homemade of course! My family really doesn't do 'fake' or store bought for the holidays which I am very grateful for! I also brought rice pudding that my step mother helped me make!

On the drive home my stomach was acting a bit funny. My right, lower abdomen was twitching. Just a few times, then in a few other places. It felt like a muscle twitch on the inside.

H and I considered heading out this morning to shop. We considered buying a dryer for our dad, they have been without one for 6 months. But he mentioned to her that they might be buying one, and she woke up at 10- so I didn't see risking having to return the dryer and not finding much else to buy at that point.  I might look at what Cyber Monday deals are out there.

Overall a great holiday!

(will add pics when my mom gets them to me!)


No comments:

Post a Comment