Sunday, October 14, 2012

Second Appointment

My second doctor's appointment was this Thursday.

B decided to come since it was scheduled with the Doctor herself and B wanted to meet her. I also figured it would be nice to have him come to as many as possible- he could help remember my questions.

We got there right before 10:30 and went right in. I am already used to the routine: they take my weight, I pee in a cup. I went back to the room and the nurse took my blood pressure and said the doctor would be in. So we waited, and waited.

Nurse came back in after about 25 minutes and said Doc was running late and wouldn't be much longer.... so more waiting and waiting.

About 45 minutes into my appointment, I realized if the doctor was any later I would be late for work. So I called out for the remainder of the day.

About 15 minutes after that, the doctor finally came in. She looked a bit frazzled: B and I decided a mix between Aunt Jemima and Mrs. Frizzle. But I liked her.

She asked first thing what questions I had. She said my back pains (which have since been a whole world better) are caused by shifting ligaments.

Said all of my blood tests looked good and then we went on to checking on baby.

The doc moved the doppler around a lot before she heard anything- and hen she did- I didn't! Baby is still very low in my pelvis (obvious from the appearance of my belly!) She went lower and finally stopped and we heard it.

Nice and strong!

Next appointment is scheduled for November 8th and B has a dentist appointment so he won't be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment