Monday, September 10, 2012

Telling

We have decided to wait to tell most everyone.

Primarily, in case something happens, secondary, because, we can do what we want!

Even before we knew we were pregnant, we thought telling our friends with an event would be the best way. B loves, LOVES Halloween so we decided that telling our friends with a costume at our own Halloween Party would be amazing!

We got our invitations in this weekend and have mine and Luna's costumes (yup, poor Luna will be sporting a costume too!) We are going to check the physical store for B's costume before ordering it online. All four of us will be skeletons! I am going to order the skeleton-in-utero shirt after at least our first appointment. We bought some decorations this weekend too.

She secretly loved being dressed up...


As for our families, I really hope to tell B's grandmother first. She is the oldest person in the family and I think deserves the honor. B has Friday off in October- so we won't necessarily be past the first trimester when we tell them but we will be close (10 weeks minimum I think).

B's parent's would get a huge kick out of "Best Grandma/Grandpa" Stuff or something similar.
I bought my dad a Grateful Dead onesie. We are going to tell him its an early anniversary gift (his anniversary is May 4th).

But I still have no idea what to do for my mom and grandparents. It might just be a simple refusal of alcohol.. then letting it roll from there! My brother's birthday is in October and it would be a great way to get everyone together but I might have to tell him first before I hijack his birthday!


No comments:

Post a Comment