Friday, September 14, 2012

First Doctor's Appointment

Thursday was my first appointment at my new doctor's office.

I had decided to switch practices since my doctor was at least 45 minutes away. They also were a very big practice with twelve doctors, at a large hospital. For my pregnancy and delivery, I want a more personal experience so I chose a doctor that was recommended and was affiliated with a hospital very close to me!

B and I met with the Nurse Practitioner. (B was not all that involved and played on his phone nearly the entire time.) I was not extremely thrilled with her. We went over some medical history, she did a pelvic exam, and an internal ultrasound. It was so exciting to see the little bean and its heartbeat (B looked up from his phone to see this!) The NP asked if we had any questions (I had some that were very vaguely answered.) She then printed out a picture and we were set to check out.
The woman at checkout was sweet, scheduled our next appointment and asked to see the picture. It wasn't very clear and she didn't seem too thrilled. She quietly asked if I wanted another picture! The ultra sound tech was in and we just had to wait a little to see her. I am incredible impressed with her and hope she is there a lot!

So the tech did a much better ultra sound, three pictures- measured and checked the heartbeat!


There is our little bean! So ready for more pictures! Looking forward to the next visit...

No comments:

Post a Comment